Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

And here she is....... The ribbing for the new fair isle! I love how the colors are blending together! I think that this was a fabulous pick of naturals to spin and knit up for this one! I've been dying to make a fair isle from my own handspun, and in the traditional method that the fair islanders used years ago when they did not have dyes! Only lovely sheep that had these natural colors! Posting later.... happy knittin and spinnin ladies :) Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Those colors look great. I can't wait to see the finished product.
I'm sure it will be beautiful like all of your creations.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Thanks Crystal! I hope so!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I have been visiting your blog for awhile now just to see what you will create next. You have really inspired me to take knitting to the next level. I am working on a simple Fair Isle vest with steeks.
This is my first attempt. Do you have any tips?

11:16 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Woo hoo!!! I just swatched with my icelandic. I'm doing a lopi style yarn with a fair isle pattern. Mine will probably take 6 mos, if I finish it, lol.
When are we seeing yours? Next week;-)

11:45 AM  
Blogger Carmell said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Carmell said...

i don't have a whole bunch of kids by a bunch of different men. i have a, one,1 baby daddy. and the others are by my HUSBAND! i am/was on BC so its not like i wanted to have another one. i guess it was just meant to happen.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Carmell said...

i wasn't mad and understand where you are coming from!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy