Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Monday, January 09, 2006

WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON?
Well, I've been at the doctors office last week four days out of 5! I had to get some tests. Why? Well, the pain clinic doctor thinks that I have fibromyalgia. Which is just great! I feel like I have degenerative arthritis! So, that's where I've been. And it's been kind of a bummer because I haven't been feeling like knitting or spinning either. I have been forcing myself to do both. Actually, that's part of the reason I put down the fair isle. I don't like to knit something that I'm not inspired to knit or spin! But my doctor told me to keep spinning, and try to do it every day! Which I thought, Hey, that's no problem. Except, my knees feel like they are going to explode! So, I start knitting, and them my elbows start to lock up! This fibromyalgia sucks! It is not fun at all. Especially for someone like me, whose very daily existence depends on the needles and the wheel! So, I got a humongous tube of Bengay, and rub everything down, and then I get to business! Happy knittin and spinnin to you all..... :)

7 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

**hugs you** You sound like you need it! That is terrible :o( And you are still knitting and spinning? You have courage and perseverance!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Is your diagnosis definite? At least the good thing is that the doctor told you to spin, and didn't forbid you to do it. Just do as much as you feel you want to, and hopefully, that won't cause you too much pain.

Sending all my positive thoughts your way.

1:00 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Oh Liz I'm so sorry. That is just cr*ppy! I hope they can do something that helps quickly.

3:32 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Thanks everyone! I just want to feel ok daily, instead of feeling like I'm 500! And now, I have to make myself get up and do things even though I'm in pain! But, hey, that's life right? Thanks for the encouraging words though!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Liz, I sure hope you get to feeling much better very soon.

I have to let you know that you knitting and spinning are absolutely stunning! You are an inspiration.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Liz,don't get discouraged. Just take one day at a time.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Wendie / monkey loves oliver said...

hugs for you Liz - my aunt has fibromyalgia and I know that it can be a difficult thing to live with. here's to more good days than bad! I've been trying to catch up on your blog - too many beautiful things to comment on! Your handspuns are just gorgeous! I really hope I can spin like that someday!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy