Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Adventures of "The Tina Shawl"
I have finally finished it! I am sooo happy! Been working steadily on this beautiful shawl since last Tuesday, with the express purpose to get it done and over with! Why? Because I couldn't help myself. I had to knit this shawl as soon as I saw it. I thought, what a wonder? Now, I can be satisfied and see for myself that it's so lovely. And I have a special event coming up, and I think that I shall take her with me.
Some points to remember: I used a size 4 needle to knit the entire shawl. My gauge is loose, so I usually have to stay a bit smaller. I can't imagine how big it would have been had I used a size 6.
This yarn is merino lace weight from Skacel. There is about 1400 yds. and I used only 1 hank! very reasonably priced also at only $13.95! So Tina wasn't very expensive to knit at all. Just very time consuming. But a good experience nonetheless. Liz M, signing off.

1 Comments:

Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

absolutely beautiful Liz!!!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy