Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Sunday, October 02, 2005

What a Weekend!!!!
I had an action packed weekend!!! I got to go and spin all day on Saturday, (see pics below), we had a blast!!! I love our little groups, we have such a good time. (Me, I have a good time anytime I can get away from the hundred million kids and animals I have to do one of the most fun of my hobbies, spinning) all day long, hours, and hours upon hours!!!! he, he, he, he :) I still haven't been able to stop grinning...

So then today, I knew that the shop was having a book signing from the Yarn Harlot herself, Stephanie P. Mcphee, and she was there!!! I was soooo thrilled. And Elizabeth Sorhab was there, (haven't seen her in a while) and Betty? (sorry betty I don't know your last name), and another gal that just started spinning, and of course Kim Olesker, (1/2 owner of the shop, the female part)ha, ha, ha, and just everybody! We had a blast! I look over, and guess what? Elizabeth had her beautiful Rose there, and so I had to call my hubby and beg him to bring my wheel down. (You know him, always the ever abliging dear hubby), came right over with the Joy. We just had a great afternoon.

So, I start talking to Stephanie about the book, and just knitting and spinning and just anything and everything fiber, and you know, I really like her! She is a definite kindred spirit. She is from Canada, (for those of you who don't know that) and I just love her accent! Her personality is sooo cool, and I'm really glad that she wrote the book. I can't wait to read it. She did like a little one-on-one read to me of a absolutely hilarious story from the back of the book about a nightmare Dale sweater she was making, and I about busted a gut! So, if you haven't read it, get it! If you have a chance to go to a book signing with her there, GO... (not just because she's cool) but because we all need to support one another in this thing...and knowing that people appreciate what you do sometimes is just the thing we all need to keep going just a little bit longer. And I know she can't wait to get home, so help her out, and be sweet people! Thanks, and to all a good night, and happy spinnin and knittin....until tomorrow then.

6 Comments:

Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

It was so good to see you. I'm sorry i missed the second half of the soiree I was seriously pooped!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Ok- I'm not a spammer- I'm the girl who just learned how to spin... Kristine!
I just had to drop by and leave a comment- no anonymous readers here!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

wow- E and I are reading at the exact same time- how spooky!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Wow, sounds like a great time! I'm seriously jealous.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Kristine, sorry that I forgot your name, I was so excited that everyone was there that I just forgot! I was sooo thrilled to meet you, and hopefully we'll all see each other soon!!! Can't wait until spinning day!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

OK...Stephanie says you're a neato person, and then she shows you in a Tina, the pattern which I am slowly, so very slowly, working towards being a good enough knitter to try. Finally, I wander onto your blog, and there is some of the nicest spinning and niftiest colour knitting I've seen. Soooooo....I figured I'd best let you know that away up in Ottawa, Canada, another knitter is jumpin' up and down, and pointing to your pictures, while babbling in a way that is only comprehensible to other knitters about the eeeeeeee TINA! and the nummy yarn.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy