Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Thursday, June 22, 2006

WHAT? AN OLD WIP, THE NATURAL HANDSPUN FAIR ISLE!

I know you all can't believe it! I did though! I pulled it out to finish it. I was looking at it the other day thinking to myself, "Self, you really should finish that pretty, hard-earned, handspun fair isle sweater that you started a couple of months ago!" So, I went to the library and got the 5th season of CSI, Memoirs of a Geisha, and pulled out my Alice Starmore VHS tape of fair isle knitting for inspiration, and got busy! And I'm almost done! Just picked up the second buttonband, (yes the one for the buttons) and started it, and am halfway through. Should be finishing the neckband tonight, and then ready to block this bad boy by morning! YEEEEHAAAA! What next, I don't know yet, but I can tell you one thing, I don't think that I'm going to be handspinning anymore yarn for another adventurous fair isle for a while yet~ It really was more work that I thought it would be. But fun nonetheless. And I do think that all of these wonderful natural wools made a beautiful fair isle.
Who knows, maybe I'll make a neat vest from all the yarn I have left huh? Later..... Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

Woohoo I remember this project! The yarns are so beautifully shaded - I'm cheering for you! (love CSI too btw!)

8:02 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

The Rhe. I'm so glad that it's done! I'm going to put the buttons on tonight, and it's ready to wear. I didn't forget about sending you the pics of the yarns. I'll try to do that this week. :0 Have a great weekend

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy