Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

KNITTING & SPINNING & FIBER, OH MY!

Yes ladies, I know! You can't believe it, but I bought more fiber! Actually I didn't, I did a bit of bartering for it! With Julie Davidson, who by the way works for Wooley Knob! Yeah, hello! What do you think? I wasn't about to pass up getting some of that delicious concoction creations of hers....

So yesterday, we had the monthly SPIN -IN group (Knit & Spin of St. Joseph County) the official guild name... and what do you think? I forgot my camera, and guess who was there? EVERYBODY!!!!! and I mean EVERYBODY!!!! It was the BEST group we've had in I don't know how long. Everyone and their mother showed up at Charlottes. We were so happy I couldn't stop grinning and smiling.

So there was Birgit Scott, Charlotte Wolfe, Peggy Coffey (of Spin Off), Julie Davidson, Nan , Vickie , Elizabeth Sorhab, Elizabeth Matthews, Svena , Marcella , and then little Grace came with someone that I didn't know who was a knitter also, and she learned to drop spindle from Vickie. It was soooo great! There was fiber that Julie brought freshly processed from Wooley Knob for Peggy, and some that she had done for herself. These were some angora, mohair, wool blends, and some angora indigo dyed blend from Peggy's stash, it was fabulous!

There were spinning wheels everywhere! Every make, model, and size, drop spindles (Elizabeth S., and Vickie) which were wonderful to see! And of course this was all on the back deck at Charlottes' and right in front of us was the wonderfully beautiful prairie.... the perfect day, not to hot, and there was a wind blowing just gentle enough to keep us nice and cool, but not to cold, and it kept everyone pleasantly happy with their spinning. We had food, food, and more food! Generously and lovingly prepared by Charlotte, and Marcella (who can cook her butt off!), and who were preparing these wonderful dishes all day long! And then Elizabeth S. brought some kind of gourmet bread! And why? Well, of course, to make us all sin and get off our wonderful diets in order to indulge in the scrumptous delicacy! Yeah, we did!

To put it frankly, I had one of the best days of my life yesterday! I couldn't have been happier. I had a very positive and wonderful job interview yesterday morning, and hopfully will move to the second round of interviews, and then yesterday evening was rounded off well with our group spin in that couldn't have been more fun.... I didn't leave Charlottes until about 9:00P when my DH came and picked up Katie and me :) Pictures to come later from Char's camera! I'm just glad somebody got some pics! :) So, I'll be floating on cloud nine for the rest of the week....

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

It sounds like you had a great time. You are very lucky to have a group of up lifting women in your life. Good luck on the job interview.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Thanks Crystal. We do have a great group. We're just trying to get together more often, and better times, etc. :)

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy