Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Friday, January 19, 2007


Dyeing Again!

Yes, I've been dyeing again. My superwash merino order finally came in the other day, and I couldn't resist the 2 lbs. just sitting there begging to be dyed. So, below you see the yeild! What was I to do?

And then, Vicki M. of www.simpleknits.blogspot.com/ asked me to do a "little" dyeing for her! Well, after an email or two, it was decided that she had about 5 lbs. of various breeds, (white and gray) fiber that she needed dyed. So, she and Elizabeth S. of www.esknittingandspinningblog.blogspot.com/ came over and brought those lucious 5 lbs. of fiber. I then got out the pots! (yes I said pots) and got them a cookin... I was dyeing superwash and shetland until 10:30p last night. Look at those glorious colors below! yeah, and of course I had to keep a little out for myself to try out the superwash merino, so here it is below pre-drafted and ready to spin (I'm already spinning it)!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I'm an old member of the Stranded in Michiana knitting guild, I've heard about you from Elizabeth for a while. Beautiful stuff. I'm going cheat on my budget and buy it on etsy eventually. I love handspun, but I don't spin fast enough.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have dyed tons of wool fabric for rug hooking but want to dye roving. Is it very difficult?? What method do you use? I have so much Cushing and ProChem dyes left - need to use them up!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Robin, I use 2 different methods. Cold pour and hot pour. I have been mainly using hot pour though for the merino/silk blend and the superwash merino mostly. I love doing both methods though. And no, do terribly difficult, you just have to experiment to see what works best for you, and try to make sure that you don't felt the wool. A bit of trial and error.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy