Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Friday, June 23, 2006

Yeah it's done! Blocking. I think it came out great. Notice the body. I did a variation of color combinations in those fair isle bands to give it some different character with the natural colors. I kept the sleeves the same, and the buttonbands are the same also. The neck I took off 2 rounds of ribbing, (I don't really like high necks!) After it dries, I'll put on the buttons, my tag, and it will be ready for the winter! Have a great weekend all..... :) Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

The sweater looks beautiful. Your workmanship is just amazing. You should be writting your own book so others can refer to it and be inspired. Lord knows reading your blog helps me to stay motivated.
Like yourself, I have a family to take care of and at times it is so hard to get anything done. So, when I need a knitting or spinning pick me I know just the blog to read. : )

5:37 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Thanks Crystal, that's awfully nice of you to say. I'm glad that my work inspires you to keep on knitting. As for writing a book, I wouldn't have any idea of where to start. Besides, I have a little issue with writing patterns. I just don't really. I jot down notes (that only I can decipher) and just knit... sorry, maybe I should work on that huh?

9:18 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

now, that's some pretty nice "fair isle-ing" you've done there.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your spinning and knitting are amazing! Spinning and knitting a fair isle! I feel I've really done something when I spin and knit a pair of socks. Love your blog.

Margaret

11:44 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Thank you all kindly. I'm working on another one with the left over yarn from the first fair isle, there was enough to make a slipover, and you know me, no time to waste, and no "yarn" to waste. :)

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy