Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Tuesday, October 14, 2008



Where in the World have You Been?

I've been working! Yes, working. I've joined the world of "real people" again, and went back to the grind. I love it though. You know what that means... no time to knit or spin or dye or anything fiber related anymore (NOT). I've been busier than ever doing all of the above.
This is a circular yoke sweater that I finished a week or so ago. That charts came from Sheila McGregor's book of Scandanavian Knitting. I then adapted them to fit me of course, and gathered up some shetland wool (purchase from Schoolhouse Press), and knit this sweater.
This is a full shot of the entire body of the sweater.








Also, this is some handdyed merino/bamboo that I just finished spinning up and ready to set the twist. I don't know what color I'm going to name it yet, but I'll think of something. It's 206 yards. So, It'll make something...




The pic above is a merino/tussah silk blend that I had gotten from Ashland Bay. It was a yellowish color. I just didn't like it, so I over-dyed it with these colors. And this was the wonderful result.
That's about it for now. I've got some other things to do, but will hopefully post again soon. I'm going to be also posting to my etsy shop in about a day some gorgeous new dyed merino/bamboo blends, and merino (Chocolate Princess colorway). Until then, happy knitting all.. :)Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

I am so glad to see that you are still knitting and such. I know you were dealing with some health issues awhile back.

Good for you on getting a job now you have even more money to buy goodies with. : )

Crystal

8:00 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Crystal, how true. Yes, I was dealing with some yucky health issues, but now I'm back and ready to roll. Actually, I hadn't really left, just slowed way down. But thanks for the well wishes. :)

6:53 PM  
Blogger yellowdogknitting said...

HI LiZ!!!!! I crashed Knitting Camp for one night but you weren't there! boo hoo! Glad to see you're back! Are you still spinning & dyeing?

Hugs
Dixie

2:17 PM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Dixie, hey how are you? Yeah I am, but I'm also working part-time and training (fitness), so I've been super busy. How are things at they YellowDog Knitting Shop?

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy