Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

LACE KNITTING!

Since I've been having problems with my hands and elbows and wrists, I've been mainly knitting lace. This is the lace stole that I've been knitting from the spindle spun silk hankies and the shetland/icelandic blend. And dyed up, and here is the result. The chart is from Barbara Walker's book of patterns and charts (blue cover). And I've found a very pretty border to knit onto it. I've got about another 3 - 5 inches left to go, maybe more, and then I'll knit on the border. I'm also still spindling the silk hankies just in case I need more. Fortunately, I know the dye recipe to get this wonderful color again and again.... Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger RheLynn said...

It's beautiful. The subtle colour variation really shines.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Even more beautiful in person. Bee-u-tee-ful!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Verona said...

It looks very sophisticated and beautiful. I like it very much. I also have elbow and wrist pain since last August when I dislocated my elbow. I probably should take a break from knitting but that’s really difficult to do.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy