Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Friday, October 13, 2006

Menengitis

I won't be posting anything for a couple of days or so. My son went into the hospital last night and he was diagnosed with viral menengitis. We were in the ER from 3:00P - 1:00A when they finally admitted him. He's been sick since last Friday, and the Family Dr. thought that he had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. (I mean, whose ever heard of that just out of the blue?) Anyway, he wasn't able to keep any foods or liquids down anymore, and his fever was up to 102.8, so I said that's it, he's going in. It's a good thing too! I didn't like the fact that they had to tap is spine to find out, but that's the only way. And things are different now with spinal taps. They are really less invasive and dangerous than they used to be. It took the Dr. only about 8 minutes from the time he put the tap in, to getting the fluid in the vials. So, Luke will be in the hospital for a couple of days so that they can monitor his brain stem, and his fever and the nausea, and hopefully, he can come home on Sunday. Take care all, and keep a close eye on your kids, we think Luke could only have gotten this from school!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope he gets better soon! It's a good thing you went to the hospital when you did!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

Oh Liz, I am so sorry to hear this news. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.I hope your son, Luke has a swift recovery.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How frightening! I'm glad that you got if figured out before he got any worse. Your family is in my thoughts. Hang in there.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Molly Bee said...

Hope your son feels better soon. Menengitis is NO FUN! My thoughts are with you!

2:10 PM  
Blogger FuguesStateKnits said...

Thoughts and prayers go your way! Meningitis is nothing to play with. So glad you got the dx and your dear son to good care right away!
Hugs,
FSK

4:52 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Wow Liz. I hope it gets out of his system quick. You all need to take care of yourselves.
It is going around phm. My sil had a kid in her class with it and there was a suspected case at my kids school.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy