Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

Sunday, October 15, 2006

We're Home from the Hospital!

Luke was sent home today from the hospital! Yeah, I am soo relieved. But it's still a little scary because he is so weak. His immune system is at it's lowest right now because he is still fighting the virus. But, the good news is he's keeping down solid foods, he doesn't have that blasted fever, and he is able to sit up for longer periods of time. He won't be able to go back to school for about a good week or so, and is going to have to go part time for about 2 weeks maybe until he get's his strength back. He lost about 10lbs. over this ordeal! The culture came back negative for bacterial menegitis though, so that's all we were worried about!

I was able to do a bit of knitting while sitting at his bedside for 3 days. Here is my progress so far. I thought I would get more done, but between nurses checks and Dr. visits, and getting Luke the things he needed to keep him comfy, this was all that I got done. But, I'm almost at the top of the neck, and ready to start doing the shaping there. I think I may end up cutting this thing open! I'm loving this and seeing it as a cardigan!
Thank you to everyone for the kind words of encouragement, and well wishes for Luke. And he said to tell everyone thank you, and thank you for thinking about him. (even though he doesn't know you :) That's teenagers for ya... happy knitting and spinning to all :)

Hug and love your kids! Every chance you get! Posted by Picasa

5 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Liz, I am so happy Luke is home and everthing is ok. You try to get some rest too if you can because as a mother myself I know what is like caring for a sick child.

P.S. The sweater looks really nice. I like the black white combo.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Liz M. said...

Crystal, thanks. I am trying to get some rest, but, being back home, the work starts all over. You know, the laundry, etc. :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Oh Whew! I'm sorry he was so sick though. I hope can bounce back and feel himself again:-)

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. I would count that as a good bit of knitting--but I am a slower knitter than you are. The sweater looks great. If your weather up there is like ours down here, you'll get some chances to wear your fair isle this week! Hang in there to both you and Luke.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad he's home and he's progressing towards being well. Will keep you guys in my thoughts.

The sweater is lovely!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous

Skip Prev 5

List Prev 5

Next

Skip Next 5

List Next 5

List All Random Site Join!
This RingSurf Site is owned by Knit & Spin Crazy